Are you craving chocolate, salt, coffee or carbs but know you shouldn’t have them?
It probably means you are deficient in magnesium, have adrenal fatigue or at least insufficiency, or are battling a systemic candida infection. Your naturopathic doctor can help you identify the reasons for your cravings and how to overcome them.
Are you in toxin overload?
- Do you have persistent brain-fog, lack of focus, mental clarity, even migraines?
- Do you have ongoing fatigue, muscle aches or pains, general lack of motivation or feelings of depression that just won’t go away?
- Have you noticed an increase in body odour, smelly bowel movements or bad breath?
- Is your skin breaking out in acne or rashes?
- Have you recently become sensitive to chemicals, fragrances or scents?
- Have you developed any new allergies?
Our body is constantly detoxifying but if our organs become overwhelmed and overloaded with pollutants it can lead to chronic disease. Call us if you would like to re-set and detoxify your body.
Exercise is important on so many levels. More specifically it can help prevent dementia. When we have good circulation to our brain, all of our brain cells can work better. So get walking, cycling, or jogging. Even 5 mins a day is helpful!
A mushroom a day keeps the doctor away
Well, not quite. But all mushrooms, even white button mushrooms, contain beta-glucan-rich polysaccharides that have anti-cancerous, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-viral and immune-supportive properties. There are over 3000 different species of mushrooms, and while some are poisonous, the more common commercially-available medicinal mushrooms include: chaga, cordyceps, lions mane, maitake, shiitaki and turkey tail.
Try a new mushroom today!
We’re having an open house in our new office Thursday, October 25th from 4 pm to 7 pm. Pop in and say Hi over a cup of tea!
Prevent S.A.D., Seasonal Affective Disorder
S.A.D. is real and on its way. Make a plan with your Naturopathic Doctor to prevent it this winter.
Pick up a light box or dawn simulator, vitamin D and get outside.
Naturopathic Perspectives is very excited to announce that we have moved to 1685 Main St W, Suite 202B, Hamilton. Come and check us out!
Here are a few simple New Year’s Resolutions you can make now to prevent memory loss later in life:
- Exercise – both aerobic and strength training
- Maintain healthy blood sugar levels – focus on protein and fibre
- Prevent nutrient deficiencies – focus on B12, D, Mg, omega 3 foods
- Eliminate toxins – mercury and lead
- De-stress your Life
Did you know that low progesterone and hypothyroidism symptoms look very similar? Both hormones help us maintain a healthy metabolic rate and body weight. Often chronic stress (eg: emotional, environmental, illness, malnutrition) will rob our system of the hormonal building blocks we need to make progesterone and thyroid hormones.